The best and easiest Brussels Sprouts recipe!
I feel like long ago Brussels Sprouts got a bad wrap and I'm not too sure why. It wasn't until well into my adult years that I had ever even tried Brussels Sprouts. Wow, was I ever missing out. These little green goddesses are not only delicious, but they are also so good for you! They pack a nutritious punch and are linked to many health benefits. An extra added bonus is you can enjoy all of that goodness for a small amount of calories.
Per 1/2 cup serving of Brussels Sprouts:
Calories: 28 Protein: 2 grams Carbs: 6 grams (Net carbs: 4 grams) Fiber: 2 grams Vitamin K: 137% of the RDI Vitamin C: 81% of the RDI Vitamin A: 12% of the RDI Folate: 12% of the RDI Manganese: 9% of the RDI
Now, that you know just how good these little guys are for you, what's even better is how delicious they taste! My favorite way to eat them is by roasting them for 25 minutes with a bit of olive oil and sea salt. But, if your household contains some picky eaters who may flinch by all the green, you can sprinkle in a little added goodness.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon:
- 1 lb. of Brussels Sprouts
- 2-3 slices of thick center cut bacon
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- For easy clean up line your baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray
- Remove "stumps" of the sprouts and cut them in half. After doing that some of the outer casing may fall off. You can choose to discard that or keep it on the baking sheet. They will crisp up nicely and add a different texture to the sprouts.
- Dice up the bacon strips into small chunks.
- Toss the Brussels Sprouts, bacon, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and begin roasting.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes and make sure to flip them after 10 or so minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy :)
I hope you enjoy this kid-friendly, easy to make, side dish. We love pairing it with meat on the grill, or as an easy side to a hot sandwich.
Blessings to you and your family!